History of Faculty of Engineering
In 1924, Yamanashi National College of Technology (Kokuritsu Yamanashi Koutou Kougyou Gakkou) was developed; later, its name was changed to Yamanashi Senmon Gakkou. The Faculty of Engineering was established as a part of the University of Yamanashi in 1949. In 1965, the Graduate School of Engineering master's program was developed. Doctoral program was developed in 1992. In 2003, the Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering (master's and doctoral programs) was established. Aiming for development of human resources who can respond to social demands, such as advances in science technology, sophisticated academics, diversity of industrial technology, and sustainable development of society, we conduct education and research to equip students with high levels of expert knowledge and broad general training in seven departments: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechatronics, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Applied Chemistry, and Science for Advanced Materials. More than 30,000 alumni are working actively in industry and academia. After graduation from any of these departments, students can also apply for master's programs in the Integrated Graduate School of Medicine, Engineering, and Agricultural Sciences.